Saturday, July 28, 2012

Classroom Layout

My classroom layout is based on the seven design principles. My students do not sit at desks, they sit at tables to allow group discussions without the hassle of having to move desks. This will also help my physically disabled students. For students that are in wheelchairs or depend on the use of crutches, transferring into or sitting in a cramped desk can be somewhat of a hassle; storage of their crutches and wheelchairs will be made easier when sitting at tables. They will not feel excluded from their peers by having special accommodations. 


Everything will be distinctively labeled in my classroom to ensure students can access materials, such as: textbooks, dictionaries, thesauruses, their in class journals, pencil grips, assigned reading books, as well as large print books.This design will also be perceptive with simple, easy to comprehend visuals for my ELL students. My classroom will also be flexible, requiring low physical effort. All desks and chairs will be on wheels to allow students to freely navigate obstacles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment